Flash Format: Summary of Features
- Supports all ATA compliant and SD compliant memory cards, including:
Compact Flash cards
Secure Digital cards (SD cards)
Mini SD and Micro SD cards
Multimedia Cards (MMC)
PCMCIA memory cards
large capacity MicroDrives.
- Runs as a Control Panel applet (accessible from "Start > Settings")*
- Automatic detection of memory card insertion and removal, so you can check, repair or format multiple memory cards easily, one after the other.
- AutoRun feature, to automate the execution of specific files whenever a memory card is inserted (Pocket PC and Smartphone edition only).
- Provides detailed storage and file statistics (including FAT Type, slack space, heads, cylinders, sectors, clusters, etc.).
- Detailed verification of memory card integrity and error reporting.
- Detects and repairs allocation errors.
- Supports multiple memory cards simultaneously.
- Formatting features with selection of File System and clusters size.
- FAT Backup option, to improve storage reliability.
- Option to create "My Documents" folder when formatting.
- Option to automatically restore InBox Attachments folder (for Pocket PC 2000 devices).
- Compatibility option for Digital Cameras.
- Automatically perform integrity check after formatting.
- Full install/uninstall support, with embedded software reset.
- Detailed context sensitive Help (accessible via "Start > Help").
- English and German versions available.
* Applies only to the Pocket PC and Handheld PC editions of the software.